View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 10:09 AM   #6
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
I think you need to add an option - Zero.

I haven't purchased any eBooks post-Agency. Top reasons:

o My old favorite stores (eReader/Fictionwise) have nothing I want to buy since they aren't carrying the Big 5
o I'm not ready to committ to a format/web store until I build a disinfection workflow for that format
o I've got about 200 books in eReader format to disinfect (I'm a re-reader and many are series, so they are important to me)
o I don't have time to actually read right now, as I'm spending my reading time learning Python/Calibre/Sigil and reseraching disinfection scripts!
o Pricing still seems to be all over the place, so I'll wait for some stability

I never bothered to disinfect my eReader titles over the last 7 years because I was comfortable with the style of DRM and the selection of titles. Between the Agency Model and B&N buyout, I've woken up to the danger of putting my eBooks in one basket.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote