View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 08:55 AM   #9
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrell View Post
Haven't found an answer yet. But I did verify that perl 5.8.8-822 does install with
Code:
msiexec /i ActivePerl-5.8.8.822-MSWin32-x86-280952.msi
and 820 wants windows script host.
Finally, through trial and error, I got build 820 to install properly. However, it's perl package manager (ppm) is broken under wine so I couldn't get mobi2imp.pl to work.

Here is what I've learnt works:
  1. You seem to need the WINEPREFIX=~/.winenew on the same line as the first call to create the new settings. i.e
    Code:
     WINEPREFIX=~/.winenew wine regedit
  2. Next command to issue, to solve the Window Scripting Hosting issue, is sh winetricks wsh56. This will also install the vcrun6 in the process! Again, just need:
    Code:
    sh winetricks wsh56
  3. Next, to install the perl 5.8.8 build 820, issue:
    Code:
    wine start ActivePerl-5.8.8.820-MSWin32-x86-274739.msi
  4. the last two commands to issue are ones that "break" things in wine. Install eBook Publisher next (as this one broke the wsh56 install and any install that requires advpack.dll, even vcrun6 if issued before it!) with:
    Code:
     wine Win_eBookPub_2.2.5.exe
  5. lastly, issue: sh winetricks dcom98 (this one breaks the eBook Publisher GUI, as you have indicated before, but also doesn't seem to allow an second install of eBook Publisher! Again, at the end, you would issue:
    Code:
    sh winetricks dcom98

Quote:
Is there enough difference between the two versions of perl 820 and 822 to make a difference? I wouldn't think there would be but I've been wrong before.

For reference if anyone is interested here is the link for the different versions of ActiveState perl for win32.
I don't think it matters, they all don't seem to work for mobi2imp.pl. Now to hunt for one combination that does, using your link to the ActivePerl older versions (and maybe newer ones!)

I do get the Mobi2IMP-installer to properly setup the program, and can even launch the GUI, but the Mobi2IMP.exe built using pp (par) is broken under wine!!! So no go here!

HOWEVER, perl scripts like your opf2imp.pl should now work as well as the many perl scripts I created earlier this year (see sticky Using perl scripts to produce .IMP ebooks and more)

Round One, has been won!

Last edited by nrapallo; 10-24-2008 at 09:00 AM. Reason: typos
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote