View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 10:58 AM   #47
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
True. I wasn't knocking them as I have read and enjoyed a few odd ships like Draco & Hermione. There have even been a few Hermione and Snape stories like you said that are interesting. I have a friend online who wanted Neville to hook up with Luna which of course didn't happen in Canon either and Harry seems to be paired with just about anyone if you look round long enough. He's even been paired with Tom Riddle (Lord Voldemort) on occasion. Not to mention had just about every level of abuse thrown at him and had Dumbledore and the Weasley's conspire against him in some of the fics. I still visit fanfiction.net often and use Calibre to save ebook copies of interesting stories to my computer.
Oh yes, I didn't think you were! I was just expanding on the idea of non-canon / not-likely-in-"book-reality" ships and why they may hold more appeal for some people than the canon pairings.

Poor Harry, yes - he can't catch a break.

Still, I'm not sure Harry/Voldemort is any stranger than Hogwarts/Giant Squid as a pairing.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote