View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 05:17 PM   #5
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by afscoots View Post
im a beginner to the calibre software. how do you do what you described in the first post? i have a kindle 2, droid with kindle and i am trying to sync the last page read for a non amazon book between my 2 devices
Use the latest version of Calibre to convert your ebook file to a .mobi file. DO THIS EVEN IF IT'S ALREADY a .mobi file from some other source other than amazon (ie Baen. You shouldn't have to if it's already an amazon .mobi). Alternatively, I believe the Count Pages plugin will also insert the required info.

Then, simply use calibre to load the file to your kindle, or android/iOS/blackberry device. For my android phone, I use a third party app that accesses my calibre library over the web, but you can do it directly with your mobile browser. Ensure that both (or all) devices are using the same file, of course.

Last edited by gweminence; 07-15-2011 at 05:20 PM.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote