View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 10:32 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_morana View Post
Is there a way to keep Calibre from making a local copy of the original file?
No, Calibre will always make a copy for its library. That way calibre never messes with your original files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_morana View Post
Or maybe for it to make the RTF and then delete the Calibre copy. This would only leave me with the original and the RTF, not the copy in Calibre.
Once you convert it to RTF and are satisfied with the result you can delete the original format in calibre. If you just converted 10 LIT files to RTF and wanted to remove the LIT files from your library then just select all ten books and click the edit metadata icon on the top row. Now just select LIT from the dropdown selection under remove format. All LIT files in the selected books will be deleted.

I do this and leave epub. If I go to the Tag browser and expand the formats list it shows:

[2356] EPUB
[3] PDF
[4] ZIP

Because most of the time I delete the source from my calibre library and just leave the epub.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 08-08-2010 at 10:36 PM.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote