View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 03:31 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You're saying this happens only for the custom comments edit box and not the builtin one?
Correct - only custom Comments in the standalone editor - not custom or standard comments in the Metadata editor.

You may recall the frustrations I expressed with Metadata Edit and its layout of Custom Comment columns at launchpad.

That was solved when I discovered I could have custom comments shown in the spreadsheet, that I could edit them by pressing F2, and I could make them look half decent by hiding them behind column icons with no text. Incidentally I regard this feature of calibre as manna from heaven - I now only use the bulk Metadata Editor.

Had I known that in trying to get rid of the pesky html snippet pastes that I would, as a consequence (not as a cause), lose my column icons I wouldn't have bothered

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 10-16-2013 at 03:46 AM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote