View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #38
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Of course we could out-quote each other... that was the point. Quotes, don't a consensus make.

Exactly. That it's been a good deal for them. But it may or may not turn back into a pumpkin, once they've used up the best of the special offers.

And I repeat... besides Visa, Buick and Oil of Olay... who's fronting cash to get their ads placed on the Kindle? If the returns were substantial, wouldn't companies be scrambling to get their logo on a Kindle screen-saver?
I'm afraid that what you have done is to document that there has been grumbling by some customers that in the future everything may not be unicorns and rainbows for KSO owners ( but NO REMORSE for buying KSOS.
Against that, there is the data that :

1. Amazon is doubling down on the KSO model and finding partners at the local level.

2. Amazon has found some major partners at the national level ( doesn't get any bigger than Visa, GM and P&G) who are still all in on the deal.

3. The KSOs are the best selling Kindle models.

All that spells success to me, if not perfection. I see no evidence the model is played out
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote