Thread: Touch .kepub.epub
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #45
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapline View Post
Hi davidfor and jgoguen
Please don't give up as you seem so close.
Your work is really appreciated by Kepub users.
Many thanks
Michael
Thanks for the encouragement! I'm not very active on these forums (I kind of stumbled on this thread while looking for Kobo database schema information), all my activity is over on the Github repository and the issue tracker there. There's a few things, quite annoying, that I'd like to have fixed. There's also two Launchpad bugs (that I'm aware of, 1096410 and 1058912) that are asking for kepub support. I'll be updating at least one of those (probably 1058912) when I'm satisfied with the code, unless davidfor merges things in earlier.

In case you're interested in using the plugin from the Github repository, make sure to use the no-database branch. The master branch has some code to manipulate the Kobo device's SQLite database that is probably going to get ripped out if davidfor's suggestion to use EPUB3 series designations works out. Even if it doesn't work, the database code will probably still get removed anyway since it is more effort than it's worth (especially since Kobo can change the rules at any time) to track down the rules for when various fields get set to specific values. Even ones like page numbers, which may seem obvious, are far from obvious. The end result being that I set the series information in that code, then the Kobo removes it while processing the new book.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote