View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 01:46 PM   #7
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
well.. both ibooks and kobo are coded according to apple's specifications (with ibooks being from apple). i wouldn't expect either of them to recognize files that are installed outside approved methods.

if you take a look at the ibooks data in /private/var/mobile/Media/Books you'll see how the books are organized, and the Books.plist file contains all record information to organization of the book directories. I'm guessing iTunes generates this file when books are synced into ibooks, and iBooks when you download a file from Apple's store. If there was some way to trick it into regenerating the file on-demand you might have more luck.

maybe some jailbreak developer will come up with a way to load books on-device. actually would be nice if you could download .epub files through safari and have them side-loaded into ibooks.
I didn't expect it to work Only hoped that it would. Then I thought that perhaps kobo would just scan a directory. Wrong on both counts. It appears that bookshelf allows you to download epubs via dropbox, so I may have to look into that. I'd rather use iBook, however, but its a pain getting content in.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote