View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
MartynB
MartynB began at the beginning.

Device: Viewsonic 7e
Memory "issues" with Viewsonic 7e

As a tablet I am highly impressed with this little beauty. I'm an avid reader and no longer use my Kindle because this is simply better - you can read at night!

In addition I've obtained a library case with an inbuilt keyboard so I an use it for anything (theoretically) but more of this in a moment.

I've added the full 32GB 10X memory card (microSD) most of which is unused.

Here comes the bad news.

I always have an icon coming up telling me that I'm low on memory - this has now got to the point where the device cannot even update the already installed Google Docs.

I have checked every application - those that I can move to the SD card are there already but a significant number are not and the button to move them there is greyed out.

It is pretty useless having 32GB memory that I can't use and a pretty rum bit of design to constrain me to part of the onboard 4GB.

This is my first tablet so I'm not Android savvy. does anyone know how I can fix this issue or should I just return the tablet as unfit for purpose?

Just to add to this most of the internal memory remains free and almost all of the 32GB SD. What I have noticed is that the Kindle app is using only internal memory and the bulk of that is for my library of books.

I cannot move the application to the SD and I don't seem to be able to do anything in respect of where I store the data (books). There doesn't seem to be a file manager app and based on what I'm seeing I wouldn't have enough memory to install it.

Either the tablet is dumb or I am - I kind of hope it's me - because I like the tablet.

Cheers,

Martyn

Last edited by MartynB; 02-19-2012 at 01:07 PM.
MartynB is offline   Reply With Quote