Thread: Sony or Nook?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 09:33 AM   #42
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortissimo View Post
If I were in your shoes, I'd get the PRS 950. The only issue might be the price, but the device should be worth it.

I've been wondering, are the returned items later sold to unsuspecting customers as brand new, unopened?
Who knows, perhaps the device I'm using was tested and then returned.
They are either sold as refurbished or used as warrenty replacements. I believe the stores that have a restocing policy are able to make back much of the lost profit with that. I had no problem when my Dad returned the Nano I got him for Christmas and had to eat a 10% restocking fee since it had been opened even when it was the day after Christmas. He should have been more clear what he wanted in his IPod (He told me the smallest one possible). It turns out he wanted to be able to look up music without using the big round wheel and that the ITouch was a better fit for him. That is our bad, not Apples. The restocking fee was acceptable.

I am not a big fan of the practice. I can see buying one e-reader and if you don't like it sending it back. But buying three at one time knowing you are going to send at least two back strikes me as abusing the system. I understand that it is allowed and perfectly acceptable, it is not something I would do.

I did get my K1 knowing that it could end up being returned to Amazon if I didn't like it. It made it easier to ask for a very expensive toy for my birthday. I would not have asked for it if I didn't think I would keep it.

I suspect that once e-readers are better established that the 30 day or one week use it and return it without a restocking fee policy will change.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote