View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 02:07 AM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d0g View Post
Embedded fonts must be defined in the OPF manifest and stored in the same place as it. While this is usually the OEBPS folder, it doesn't have to be. I've seen many an EPUB where it's not.

Also, there's no requirement that an eReader support embedded fonts.

Looks like no head rolling for you.
Since it is ADE, the fact that embedded fonts do not work properly is a bug and to be a working ADE, embedded fonts HAVE to work. All the ePub I tried are all made properly. The fonts are properly defined and set in the CSS and properly defined in the OPF. One of the ePub I tried you can download from MR. It's Zelda's well made edition of Three Men in a Boat. Try it in ADE for Windows and then try it in the Kobo and you will see that font embedding is broken big time.

So if Kobo is going to use ADE, then they need to fix the font embedding bug. Besides, do you want a substandard ADE in your Kobo? All that will do is drive people to other readers and Kobo will not sell well.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote