View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 05:09 AM   #10
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Quote:
1. Batch processing: converting multiple pdf files to lrf files in a single batch;
I would suggest that you use the command line for that. After all, that's what a command line is for

Quote:
2. add a "split page" function in PRS500 mode to split the portrait page into two even halves;
3. I'd like to split a single pdf page into two even halves instead of 3 or more pages to avoid too many blank pages or pages with very few texts on it.
I'm not really too comfortable with the above ideas. If you mean split the portrait page, then how do you want it to be shown? The aspect ratio of the split page would mean that it wouldn't look right at all unless you rotated it into landscape mode, which is what the prs500-l mode is for!

For #3, what happens is that the actual page geometry is taken into consideration while splitting it up. eg. if you have a page of 1500x800, then it would be split up as 600x800, 600x800 and 300x800 (the last page would not be utilizing full space). To exactly fit two pages, you'd have to do some non-linear scaling (1500x800 => 1200x800) which would distort the page.

If you have ideas how to avoid this, I'd have no problems in implementing it.

Quote:
4. The overlapping parameter could be more adjustable. In version 5, even if the overlapping is set to 0 in PRS500-l mode, there is still overlapping.
Actually, if you set it to zero, it will ignore it and use the default one in the profile. Use a very small non-zero value, eg. 1.
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote