View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #724
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Just got back from a 7 mile slog through sometimes knee-deep mud. Absolutely shattered. This "losing weight and getting fit" lark is blooming hard work!
It really isn't as easy as the health spas make it out to be, is it... One thing I've discovered is that if I can find a place to walk 'smoothly,' I can get into a fast rhythm and go and go and go... and it actually feels good! But if I'm walking on broken ground, such as a hiking trail, although the scenery is nicer the walking doesn't feel nearly as good. It feels like work. My wife asked me why I was going downtown to walk, and I realized that with the underground shopping malls in Osaka, I could walk 'smoothly' for miles and miles. I had first used them to avoid the summer heat, enjoying the air conditioning. Then I realized that it was the smoothness and rhythm of the walking that kept me coming back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Beauty knows no pain!
If I get any more beautiful, it will be painful for those around me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Good for you! I got out today for only 1 mile, the weather is still too darn cold and much snow/ice still on the ground from our christmas snow.
Hard to walk in those conditions. I don't mind the cold, but difficult footing makes it hard to get into a rhythm. We've been walking around the neighborhood, and halfway through the walk we have to remove hats and gloves, and open our coats. But we are moving really quickly too. When we stop, it's a scurry to get covered up again.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote