View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #73
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The idea of the vote is to vote for what the individuals (us) wants to read most. It should not be based on who else voted for what or how many voted for what. It should be based on interest. If I am interested in a specific book more then the rest, the fact of who has voted for what or how many votes a book has should not matter. I should just vote for the book that interests me the most. Now because some have admitted to voting lemming style, we have hidden votes. Given the results of the hidden votes vs the open votes, I feel that the hidden votes give the truest results since lemming votes are almost non-existent given that we cannot see what's been voted for until the vote is over. Fair and best are not loaded words. Given that we have enough proof, we can see that hidden voting is the best and fairest way to do it. If you can prove that open voting will not give us lemming votes and is the best and fairest way to vote, I'm happen to listen.
This is purest gobbledygook.

Where, exactly, is your proof? I'd like to see your analysis of the results of open voting vs. closed, taking into account the timing of open votes, as well as the statistics on the spread between voting choices, including the margin of error.

Without an explication of your proof, it's not proved. Yet again, it ain't so just because it suits your purposes to claim it.

As an aside, "lemming" is a loaded word. People can vote for whatever reason they want, price, likelihood of winning and even because they tend to agree with the taste of a prior voter.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote