View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #42
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I must have missed the conversation where "Sci-fi" and "Science Fiction" were different. That might be interesting to read since I imagine it being as polite as most political talk.
Yes. Quite.

There's a faction that believes the terms Science Fiction, Sci-Fi, SF, F&SF, and sometimes Speculative Fiction are all euphemisms for the same genre. There's another faction that insists they are at least 3, possibly 5, different categories, and that it's insulting to describe a book by the wrong one. There's another faction that believes it's one genre (or maybe two) but only one term (or two) is actually correct, and the other labels are derogatory.

I'm fine with anything as long as we don't call it Syfy.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote