View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #61
BillSmithBooks
Padawan Learner
BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: www.OutlawGalaxy.com, Foothills of NY's Adirondack mountains
Device: My PC...using Puppy Linux (FBReader, Calibre, Kindle Cloud Reader,
DiapDealer:

Yeah, the main point of my opinion was that it was just my personal experience and I can see how others' opinions would vary. And my main point was about stumbling across something you didn't know you wanted until you saw it -- online search is great if you already know what you want.

(It's kind of like arguing over whether chocolate or vanilla ice cream is better -- depends on your taste. And chocolate, obviously. Unless you have apple pie...)

And actually, my experience is kind of the opposite of your theory -- the nearest decent bookstore is two hours away, so a trip to the book store takes on a cherished, quest atmosphere--"we're going to the...bookstore!!! Huzzah!!!".

I still believe online bookstores have a ways to go with discoverability, but I see every reason why that should improve in time.
BillSmithBooks is offline   Reply With Quote