View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 03:43 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
That would be not needed if, as I suggested, the images were properly tagged and the reading software had good options. Once the program "knows" what the natural orientation is supposed to be and what orientation the user prefers, it could make the right choices.
I may not have been quite clear.

I have a reader (Astak PP).
I can read normal (portrait), but if I zoom past a certain level (PDF), the reader image rotates to get to the next size .
Other devices have accelerometers to tell how it is being held.

The image processor needs to compensate (or not) depending on the current display position.
Example reading Landscape (rotated), a Landscape picture would NOT be rotated. Reading in Portrait orientation, The picture rotates in the User preferred direction (some people like CCW, others like CW) The trick, is for devices with accelerometers to not "repaint" just because the user turned a sideways (reading portrait) displayed Landscape picture.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote