View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 10:15 PM   #11
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Some day in the future, they will be very usable as ebook readers. Different screens, easier on the eyes. Removable keyboards, who wants all that bulk while reading? Even 15 hours of battery life is perhaps not enough. But then again, by the time these things actually get there 6" e-ink readers will be down to $99 or lower. And who really needs another computer? I have my laptop (and I certainly don't want to use a computer with a 6" screen!), I have 2 phones which can function as full computers, if I need one. So my guess is, these netbooks/tablets will be replacing large screen readers (9.7" or more), but the 5" and 6" readers could only be replaced by phones with pull-out or fold-up screens (which are in the works).
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote