View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 02:05 PM   #7
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Hmm, the author thinks the price is too high, her publisher doesn't!
Okay. Well I read through the blog post and I'll say I suspect this post might belong in the author self-promotion section.

But taken at face value her publisher gives a whole bunch of that "devaluing literature" blather that the Agency 5 are fond of putting out. So at least someone THINKS BIG I guess. Still, reality check. Debut author in eBook is not going to sell at $10.99. End of story.

I'll just add that I personally know an author who has published through one of those tiny Publishing houses that appears very similar to this book. Her paper books are pretty much POD and she (The Publisher) really has no choice but to charge $12 to $14 for the book because they can't print it for less. Her Publisher insists on pricing the eBook at $9.99 though and she has argued constantly with them that it is way overpriced. They won't listen to her though and she has sold only a handful of eBook copies which leads them to believe her book really isn't marketable and now it just languishes.

I feel bad for her because I do think that at a $2.99 to $4.99 level she'd gain some momentum, but she signed away the eBook rights and has no control.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote