View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 02:20 AM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaak View Post
Congratulation! So the root is still generated by the well known algorithm.

Can you already say how different the 5.2.0 firmware is compared to the 5.1.x?
Because I did not change the root password to the mario hash, until I replace it, the password in the pastebin debricking repair image is fiona2bc. You can download and loop mount it if you want to explore it. Diags is there too...

As you can see from the post above (if you are familiar with 5.1.x), it mounts a LOT more stuff (see all those loop mounts), and there is now twice as much space reserved for book indexes, so too many books will not brick your kindle like it did to many with the K4 and K5 were first introduced. And ENABLE_DIAGS does not work. And we do not know how to get into USB Downloader mode, so serial port debricking may be required for awhile. With these images, I am sure we will discover a lot more differences...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote