View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 07:41 PM   #29
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappafun View Post
I can't find a 5v2a charger. There is one on ThinkGeek (http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tra...b/?srp=23#tabs) that claims to be a 2a device, but I haven't tried it yet.

Is there any way to change the output of a laptop / PC USB port to 2a? That might solve the problem.
I bought an iHome iPad USB charger last week. it's 2 pieces, the charger that you plug the usb cable (which I can't use with the Vox) into is 2.1 A and used with my Blackberry USB cable works fine. The only issue is that the battery indicator doesn't update to the correct level but after I plug in the original charger and then turn the Vox off and on again it adjusts. I'm using the new one as much as possible because the original has a pretty flimsy wire and I am concerned that it may break fairly quickly with constant use. My BB cable is quite long, it's about 45 inches... plus the prongs on the charger fold up for travel!

Amazon sells a version with both the wall and car charger for $39.99...
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited by Cdesja5; 01-02-2012 at 08:04 PM. Reason: length of cable
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote