View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 04:14 PM   #69
VirgoGirl
"Why is it doing *that*?"
VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Black Kobo Touch & Glo, responsible for 2 PaperWhites
Yeah, but, if people have those things - books from dubious sources and/or a zillion books on the reader - and from just reading this site it seems that many, many people do, then it seems odd that these things are not taken into account. If the Kobo is heading towards being only a reader for Kobo downloaded books, I can't see it lasting on the market.

I'm getting more and more ticked off at this latest update. Reading Life keeps resetting itself, losing my progress in my current book and arbitrarily choosing a random number as the number of books I've finished. If I turn on the wireless and sync it, it resets the "Books Completed", but the book progress is lost. I don't want to sync it on every startup.

I realize I'm harping on the Reading Life issue, and you have my apologies for beating a dead horse, but I haven't delved any further into this firmware update. I don't even want to pick up the Kobo, thinking of switching my current read to the ipad, glare and all.
VirgoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote