View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #19
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkperez View Post
So, in reality, my price point is at best, about HALF what a paperback would cost... In general, if it's more than $3.00, I wait, get it at the library, or read it on paper from the library.
I'll pay whatever they ask for the e-book, if I want it. I don't much care what it costs in any other format (paper, audiobook, etc.). I want e-books, and only e-books, so if I want it I'll pay what they ask.

I don't shop around between e-book stores, either, I'll just pay whatever price Kobo is asking if they have it in their catalogue (and I want to purchase it, of course). I like the convenience of them all being in the same place, and Kobo providing cloud storage for me. If my device is lost, stolen, or I upgrade to a new one, that all I have do is plug in my email and password and they all download again. Saving a few dollars here or there isn't worth DRM stripping, format conversions, managing my own cloud storage, etc., to me.

More power to those who do it, but my time is worth more to me than that. (It's amazing how as a kid my money was worth far more to me than my time, but now that I'm an employer my time is worth more to me than my money; any time I spend on anything costs me money, as I could have relieved an employee with that time and saved wages. )
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote