View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 07:41 PM   #64
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupor View Post
What you do not know - could kill you
Exactly That's why I stripped the package down... I didn't want to replace so much system packages at once.

I don't need russian localisation, so there was no reason for me to apply it.

And there things I really liked to keep on my device: latest su package, busybox and fixpermissions. (I am using the 2.05 version from xda developers, your version looks older - I don't know if you changed something or if the xda version is better, but the xda version works satisfactorly so I didn't want to change it.)

Quote:
Your so called adaptation is incomplete and does not do justice to the original package - that's all. Packages in my set are made to work together. They are tested as such - by a lot of users, not only Russians. There is a lively Spanish community which does repack what I do to their liking. Just be careful of what you are picking to adopt - otherwise you may unintentionally get somebody in troubles far deeper than you want too.
Ok, I thought that the package is mostly targeted at the russian community....

You're right: my package doesn't justice the original one. But this wasn't my aim. I only was interested in the listview mod, not a complete root package.

But what exactly is missing? Are there any package dependencies I didn't take into account?

Quote:
Google translation of the link says all this - fair and square.

It also has a detailed change log and Google does decent job translating - so it is readable in English - I did verify that. There is also a link to version control with all differences to all packages - if what you are asking is actually important to you.

If you do not understand something - ask, from time to time I am available here and I am almost always answering in English on Russian site too. Porkupan (aka boroda) is also present on both forums.
I didn't know that you are that active in this forum and willing to answer questions. It's good to know that

Quote:
As for breaking apps - rather than "adopting" back something that already works it may make some sense and spent an effort on adopting applications to the black on white, so we could all benefit from your work.
Well - I don't really know how good it already works so I didn't want to risk too much as I didn't see any benefit from flashing the other content of the package.

I know from earlier posts in this thread that for the listview mod, only the framework.jar and .odex has to be change (well - it's only the .odex, the .jar is unchanged, however...)

That's why only these two are included in my "adaption". (Well, adaption maybe isn't the right word. It's more like picking a certain feature...)

Quote:
You see fast scroll works far better with black on white than it does with white on black - this is the reason it was made in the first place.. It is not slower - it is different. And amazingly - it saves battery too...
I tried black on white mode but fast scroll wasn't really faster with it and some apps didn't display correctly and I didn't want to spend time with modding apps, so I reverted back to white on black.

Anyways - the fastest scrolling can be obtained with the global no-refresh package to be found earlier in this thread. It makes scrolling really fluent. Maybe there is still some room for tweaking the listview mod.

To sum it up: I don't want to mess with your work - I highly appreciate it. All I wanted to do is integrate the listview mod into my allready rooted T1 which has been rooted with boroda's packages as many other T1's in this forum.

And I created a package that allows others to apply the listview mod on their own risk.
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote