View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 05:42 PM   #60
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
I'm saying it's OK to do so if there is no legal means to get the e-copy.

If you don't provide a decent legal alternative, don't complain about piracy. Period.
Translation : It's OK to steal something if there is no legal means to get what I want.

If you don't give me want I want within the law of the land, don't complain if I steal it from you.

I'm sorry. but I find it pathetic that people try to justify themselves in this way, simply because it isn't a physical object.

Society has taken the decision that intellectual property is no different from physical property - it belongs to the owner/creator.
They have every right to decide who, how, or where they sell it.
You don't even have the "justification" of poverty, because the author is not selling, so you can't legally "not buy it" !

Just don't try to cloak your act of theft iwith a veil of morality, because of a noble cause.
You just want it, so you steal it.
It's theft, pure and simple.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote