View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #54
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Apple & oranges. If you scanned your own pbooks and made ebooks for yourself from them... then it might be comparable. It still might be illegal depending on your jurisdiction, but it would be more on par with making copies of your legally purchased mp3's (some of which give you the explicit right to make a certain number of copies).

I'm not going to judge people for downloading illegal copies of ebooks. Just don't try to dream up scenarios where it sounds justified. I don't do it myself, but if you're going to do it... just own it.
Agreed. As far as I know, we are allowed to back up our CDs. That is not the case for books.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote