View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 02:32 AM   #50
rleguillow
Always Reading
rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FW 1192, PRS-700, kobo, Rocket, PRS-650, Nook Glow, Kobo Glo, others
I'm sure sorry folks think the 700 is a failure, I love mine, because of the light, I'm always reading and often in dark or dim places and the built-in light is great to my mind. Perhaps compared to a 505 the screen is not as clear, but compared to my old non-eink device it is fabulous.
What I yearn for is upgrades to the stinky software - what is with those interminable syncs, and why can't they join the rest of the world allowing a sort by author LAST NAME then first name?
And I'm still dreaming of some way to get my 100+ rocket ebooks into ANY format I can read on the Sony. HATE DRM! HATE device-specific formats! Its like, if you sell your house and "upgrade" to a better model, and so you have to buy all your treebooks again because the ones you had can only be read in the house you lived in when you bought them. I think I'd just fall down and worship at the feet of someone who could hack that.

Oh, sorry, soapbox, need to go read for awhile and calm down...

And I'm still dreaming of some way to get my 100+ ebookwise books into ANY format I can read on the Sony. HATE DRM! HATE device-specific formats! Its like, if you sell your house and "upgrade" to a better model, and so you have to buy all your treebooks again because the ones you had can only be read in the house you lived in when you bought them.

Last edited by rleguillow; 10-23-2009 at 02:36 AM. Reason: further thoughts added
rleguillow is offline   Reply With Quote