View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #9
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Kindle was my first stop on the journey of e-reading, until I actually looked into them. Being a UK citizen I'm denied access, but maybe that's no bad thing, as I've come to view them as a ridiculously backward-looking device. No ePub support, no geographical support, DRM'd to the hilt. And the terms of service, well, let's just say they can pull the plug at any time, for any reason, and you'll be left with nothing.
well, you are in the UK, and its a US Device, atleast for now, so any bias based on Region can be thrown out.

Epub Support is useless, Epub can be converted into any format, that is why its Epub.

the Amazon Ebook Store is the Largest and Cheapest around, DRM doesnt come into play for the avearge user.

a Sony Device is more, "locked down" than the kindle is.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote