View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #12
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
1) How deep is the screen compared to the bezel? The Kindle Touch's was way to deep for my liking.

2) Is the Paperwhite still e-ink (or similar) technology?

I can't remember where I read it...either Engadget, Gizmodo or CNET but the screen deepness is 77% less in the new Kindle thanks to the IR layer being removed.

Paperwhite is still e-ink. Amazon has a nice layer diagram on their website showing the e-ink screen, capacitive touch layer and the "fiber optic like" light distribution layer.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote