View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
If I have a USB device (let's say a Sony Reader) and I connect it to my Macbook to charge, does it charge faster if my macbook is plugged in, vs on battery power?

Thanks,
eP
NO

USB puts out 5Volts Period
The port has a preset limit on how much current is allowed to flow. That is the sole limiting factor on charge time.

Will it kill your MBP (or any other brand) battery sooner when not plugged in. Yes. Both ways . Charge - Discharge cycles use up the Battery Lifetime (More equals Less )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote