Thread: impfind
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 01:22 AM   #5
derrell
Jack O' Apes
derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Nokia N810, EZ-Reader, HTC Droid Incredible, Archos 70
impfindGUI

I've added a simple gui to the impfind script. Version 0.3 has both the command line version and the gui version. They work independent of each other so you can install just one of them or both. It really doesn't do much at this point except provide a gui to the search for imp format books. I plan on adding the ability to copy files selected in the search tab to a directory that can be used as your bookshelf. That way I can search for the books I want on the reader without having to hook the reader to the computer first.

The gui is Tk so that will need to be installed. My base install of ubuntu did not have Tk installed so a quick look through synaptic was required to install it.

In windows it seems to work alright as well although I didn't do any extensive testing there. You will need to have perl installed and ActiveState perl has the Tk libraries so the script should work fine.

The perl code for now is really ugly and most likely full of bugs. Before I release any other versions I plan on cleaning it up before it gets any longer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	impfindGUI1.png
Views:	1385
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	16240   Click image for larger version

Name:	impfindGUI2.png
Views:	1385
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	16241  

Last edited by derrell; 09-13-2008 at 01:27 AM.
derrell is offline   Reply With Quote