View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 05:40 PM   #1
cs2501
cs2501 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I need info on the DR1000s for "searching with in" .pdf files

Hey all,

I'm a classics major. That basically means I have to carry wayyyy to many books around with me. I already scan books and read them on my tablet pc, but I have to read A LOT (300-500 pages a week). So... I want to get a digital reader, but it MUST be able to run searches.

I just deal with way too much information to not be able to search it. Lets put it this way, eye strain with search is better for me than no eye strain with no search. Heck, having my fingers shocked, smashed or bitten by wild animals with a search function is better than no eye strain with no search for me.

SO! I DESPERATELY (please? ) need some in-depth information on how well the 1000s can search with in a file. I use OCR programs on my scanned books, so I am not real sure which format would be best on the 1000s. I typically use it in .doc or .pdf . I really am not sure which would be the best format for running "in document" searches on a e-reader. I know the illiad and the 1000s are the two best out there, but I am un-sure how "dependable" the search feature is.

Can someone please enlighten me?
cs2501 is offline   Reply With Quote