View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 01:49 PM   #56
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
It took me 12 hours to build X11 on my K3, using arm debian build tools in a debian chroot. Using crosstools on a host PC would be MUCH faster.

I successfully installed win32 CodeSourcery GCC inside the win32 CodeBlocks IDE on my WinXP VM, and I also sometimes use linux CodeSourcery GCC inside the linux CodeBlocks IDE.

In linux, I find it easier to just use gcc (or make) from the command line. But in windows, I like using CodeBlocks better. CodeBlocks supports editing (with syntax highlighting and code folding), compiling without leaving the editor, and debugging (breakpoints and single-stepping through the source code). Clicking error messages takes you right to the offending line in the editor. Nice!
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote