View Single Post
Old 04-07-2003, 06:42 PM   #19
BasilC
Zealot
BasilC is on a distinguished road

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander
I have heard of pdaConverter, but I haven't tried it because I think it directly converts to palm .DOC format. Right?
It also claims to be able to convert to Plucker format, but I couldn't get it to work, I think it was writtetn for an older version of Plucker. I was pretty mystified by how to use pdaConverter in general, but did get it to produce a text-only document that works well in iSilo (but presumably isn't compressed). I think that in view of your expertise in assessing iSilo vs. Plucker, you might want to have a look at it. It may just be a question of producing clearer instructions.

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander Anyways, what problems did you have with Gemini Solo ("those didn't come out perfectly")?
I tried it with three random pdf files. All three were reduced to the first five pages (maybe you have to register to get full documents?), but in other respects the first two were rendered very well. The third was in Italian, and words were run together like this:

"“Afuriadidiscorrereediragionarcisu,queitremonelli finironoperpersuadersiche,avendereiloro libri di scuola, facevano un'operazione d'oro.Lostessogiorno,Cesare,conunfagottosottoilbra ccio,andòincercadiunrivenditoredilibriusati: e quand'ebbe in tasca le tre lire, gli parve di aver toccato il cielo con un dito.Laserachedovevanoandarealteatro,finserotuttie trediavereungransonno:ecomefecerobene la loro parte in commedia!...“Io non posso più tenere gli occhi aperti”, diceva Cesare.“Io dormo e cammino”, diceva Orazio.“Un sonno come stasera, non l'ho avuto mai”, diceva Pierino.“Seavetesonno”,disselaloromamma,“èunamalat tiachesiguariscepresto!Andatealettoenon se ne parli più.”I tre ragazzi non se lo fecero ripetere: presero il loro candeliere e si chiusero in camera.“È meglio che ci vestiamo subito”, disse Cesare.“E poi?”“E poi s'entra a letto.”“Equandovienelamammaadarciilsolitobacioditu ttelesere?...SecitrovavestitidaRigoletti?...”“Che discorsi! Prima di chiamar la mamma, si spenge la candela.”“E se la mamma entra in camera col suo bravo lume acceso?”“Hai ragione. Bisogna ricordarsi di star coperti perbene fino al collo...”"

OK, Italian has some quite long words, but not that long!

It could be that there was something wrong with the original pdf document. I'll try it out a few times more when I get a chance.
BasilC is offline   Reply With Quote