View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 12:21 PM   #9
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post
The ascm file is not the book, it is a file used to manage digital rights for the book. To use the ascm file, either open it in Windows Explorer or drag and drop the file on the icon for Adobe Digital Editions on your desktop. Either method should initiate a process which will automatically open Adobe Digital Editions and add the book.

I am assuming that you have authorized your copy of Adobe Digital Editions to your computer. If you have not, then, you must do that first.

Regards,
Joe
When I attempt to open an acsm file, I get the normal "open with?" dialog, I then select Adobe Digital Editions. ADE will then open but without the book. If I attempt to open it using the menu option, acsm files are grayed out and cannot be selected. It will also reject any acsm files when attempting to drag and drop.

However any standard epub file with or without drm can be loaded to ADE and then side loaded to my Kobo Touch without issue.

So, it appears to me that ADE at least in my case will not recognize acsm files.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote