Thread: FB2 output
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 10:52 PM   #1
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
FB2 output

I think I have narrowed down a problem with the Hanlin line of ereaders and not working with the FB2 format (LBook firmware works, but it is running CR3 and a later FB2 parser version). I think the problem is to do with either the TOC, and/or the use of the xlink tag. I can successfully create a FB2 file from a .TXT and it work a charm (no xlink tags) yet go from any format, mobi/epub with links and the file fails on the ereader.

Does Calibre support a way to not use xlink tags at all in the FB2 output file? I am mainly trying to convert my epub library over, yet despite deleting the Xpath expression for chapters and ticking Do Not Add Detected Chapter and Force Use of auto-generated TOC (multiple times selecting one/other/both), the .FB2 file is still being created with a TOC and xlink tags scattered through the file.

All in all I want to convert from epub (if possible) and remove all links/TOC from the .FB2 output file.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote