View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 05:07 PM   #1
anurag
Addict
anurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 1 and DX, iPhone
Pogue slams B&N for incorrect Nook specs

Quote:

A couple of months ago, I reviewed Barnes & Noble’s Nook e-book reader. I confess, I didn’t love it much. It’s slow and buggy, the battery lasts one-third as long as the Kindle’s, and the bookstore prices are generally higher than Amazon’s.

But this week, I discovered something that’s sort of shocking, when you think about it: Barnes & Noble has been claiming that the Nook weighs less than it really does.

OK, not by much. The company says the thing weighs 11.2 ounces. In fact, it weighs 12.1 ounces. (I discovered this when my daughter set it on a home postal scale. Later, I confirmed it with a fancier scale at the actual post office.)

That’s right: Barnes & Noble conveniently shaved 7.4 percent off of the Nook’s weight, and hoped nobody would notice.

From http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/...-measurements/
anurag is offline   Reply With Quote