View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 12:20 PM   #294
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
I would disagree. Just because something is popular does not mean that one must automatically try it. The Harry Potter Story does not interest me. I read Narnia and a slew of books like that years ago. Never seen Jurrasic Park and do not want to see it. Never used Facebook and do not want to use it.
Who said you had to read it?

Quote:
I just find it funny that people get angry if someone states that Stephen King or Tolkien are overrated. They may be famous but that does not make them "godlike" as writers.
How highly do you think they are rated? Given the Dresden-level firebombing so often aimed at Tolkien, it's hard to say he's generally rated as "godlike".
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote