View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 12:13 AM   #121
Vmurph
Cat Whisperer
Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1, and iPhone XS Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
Not wanting to have a panic attack, I pared it a little (Thanks, Vmurph!) and was able to get the PW back out with only a little effort and a dull butter knife.
I'm so glad that worked for you. At some point (if you're so inclined) you could shave it down a little more, so you'd no longer need the butter knife.

Oooor...maybe you can find a plastic tool that's firm enough to pry it out without leaving scratches. An old Tupperware grapefruit peeler would be perfect. One end is flat and tapered and would slide between the edges nicely.

Quote:
The cover didn't lie perfectly flat on the outer edge (bottom corner with magnet met, top didn't), but a gentle bend and it's lying flat now.
Heheh, mine was like that, too, and I solved it the same way you did. It's been fine ever since, and I've had it almost 2 weeks.
Vmurph is offline   Reply With Quote