View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #104
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
While I agree with your conclusion, I disagree with the statement that music isn't intellectual. Classical and Opera can be VERY intellectual pursuits, and other genre to a degree as well.
Opera is not music, opera is a drama that has been set to music. There might possibly be intellectual interest in such a drama, but the music that supports it is still just music - it holds no more intellectual appeal than any other music. It can hardly be expected to engage your intellect each time you hear it. Listening to classical music - some of which I enjoy, does not involve intellect any more than listening to jazz or classic rock. The fact that classical music and opera tend to be appreciated by the more erudite in society does not endow those art forms with some form of intellectual quality that is missing in any other form of music.
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote