View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 04:00 PM   #80
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have to agree. karma swapping has just ruined it for all those who have been helping others and posting well made eBooks.

If you karma swappers want to put things right, please PM the moderators and let us know that you are a karma swapper so we can put your karma right so others who actually deserve it can enjoy the benefit of a job well done.
I guess I'm a karma swapper. Am I? I don't really know, since your comment is directed at the un-named anonymous unknown. This is the type of comment I find completely useless. It cannot possibly do any good, it can't even generate your desired outcome, because it doesn't name names. The people you have in mind are probably oblivious, and everyone else is left wondering if you meant them, so are needlessly offended.

The proper way to have handled this is for you, as a moderator, to send a private note to the specific parties, thus handling things quietly with no public dispute. If you absolutely have to make a public message, then name names. Anything else is just flame baiting and as such is particularly asinine coming from a moderator.

I've given karma to dozens of different people, and receive it from a diverse group, for a variety of reasons. Feel free to reset me to zero, if you feel like that'll help make others feel relatively more appreciated.

There are other "solutions", if you really feel such a silly thing represents a "problem". On a technical forum I moderated, we decided that no karma (reputation) could be generated from any of the non-technical forums (Lounge, Posting Games). The site administration would have to collectively decide if that should be done here, or not, considering the possible effects on morale and site activity. Much better to have that discussion in private among yourselves, than to be a troll in this thread, don't you think?

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 06-16-2008 at 04:07 PM.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote