View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #37
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
great specs. Only drawbacks are an average screen and shortish battery life. Almost pulled the trigger on it myself.

I figure there will be a no-compromise machine at the 200 price point before too long.

I really don't understand why Google requires cameras and GPS to access the app market. Really seems like they're stifling the viability of inexpensive tablets that would in turn buy apps from them.

Jesus, I have no idea why anyone would want a camera on a 7 inch tablet, much less the 2 they require. (Okay, I guess I get video calls, but seems more like a perk than a necessity)
Read the Android Compatability Device Document. It simply says that devices SHOULD have a rear-facing camera, and GPS, but NOT that they must have them. You can have a device with full market access and not have either. The biggest thing is, most companies if they're going to cheap out on including that stuff, they're also going to cheap out and not want to pay the license fee that gives them the ability to preinstall with Google Apps (which includes the Market).
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote