Thread: PRS-350 Why ?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 05:46 AM   #15
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by viviena View Post
I'm reasonably certain that the Sony's dictionary is the large one-volume version (ODE). In a comparison with the online version of the OED, the two simply don't compare -- the typical OED entry is more detailed than the equivalent in the ODE, plus the former has historical quotations. What the ODE does have is basic etymology, IPA pronunciation, references to derivatives and other related words, as well as the definition of course.
Thanks! I didn't really expect the OED to be included, but a girl can dream...
Actually, I will be more than happy with the ODE. In fact, I already have the OED (electronic version), the Canadian Oxford Dictionary and the Oxford Etymological Dictionary. (I love to collect dictionaries).
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote