View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 09:01 AM   #1
estrial
small is good
estrial doesn't litterestrial doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy S
Red face Kindle Compulsions: Do you turn off?

So... this might sound dumb, but im itching to know more about the behaviours of kindle users.

When using my kindle 2, I get worried the on/off reset button may break if I pull it too many times(maybe im ocd about things breaking) but I turn it off anyway to conserve energy.

I off it(hold it for 4 seconds) every time that its going to be put away for more than an hour and only leave it on the screen saver if I was going to be back to read in 15 min. Am I doing it wrong?

When they say the battery life was supposed to last for a week, does it count in within the time that you have kept it off to conserve battery life? or does it count as the "on" time? (I plug my kindle into my computer at least once a day, it has never ran out of battery before as of yet)

If so. Does that mean that if I left my kindle 3 on screensaver it should last a month almost without having to recharge it?

Do you turn your kindle off every time? or do you leave it idle on screen saver? Would keeping it on screen saver shorten the life span of your kindle?

If you do turn your kindle off every time like I do, are you afraid the on/off button would break after a period of time?

Do you have other compulsive behaviors such as wiping the screen with a anti-static cloth every time before/after you or someone else have used it?
estrial is offline   Reply With Quote