View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 07:50 AM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by garygibsonsf View Post
The book is here on Amazon US and here on Amazon UK. On the Direct publishing page, I'm not sure exactly what it says, since there's two rows of details, which is confusing, but here it is.

Royalty Rate Delivery Costs Estimated Royalty
35% n/a $1.05
70% $0.07 $2.04

The US dollars price is set to 2.99, and I've selected '70% royalty rate', so now that I think about it, I guess only one of those rows applies to me.
The 70% royalty rate only applies to books sold in US, UK and a few other countries, elsewhere you just get 35%, even if you opt for the 70%.

The delivery costs only apply to the 70% rate. you get 70% of (RRP-delivery costs). And since ($2.99-0.07)*0.7 = $2.044, it seems that Amazon are gettin the sums right.

I see that the digital list price is given as £2.15 (=$2.99/1.6(exchange rate) * 1.15(VAT)), so it seems to me that Amazon are discounting it for their own unfathomable reasons, but are probably still paying your the royalty based on the list price.

You can double-check by going to the "Reports" tab of your kdp account pages, and looking at "Prior Six Weeks' Royalties". Do check Kindle UK store as well as US store.

That page should tell you exactly how many have sold in each of the pas six weeks, and what royalty you've been paid for them.

Last edited by pdurrant; 07-03-2011 at 07:53 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote