View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 05:45 PM   #69
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Amazon seems to think it's a new Genre:

'Almost simultaneously, many of our finest writers are experimenting with a new nonfiction form: brief pieces that are literary and personal rather than informational, complete in themselves, and short—very short. Although the form has not had a name until now'

http://www.amazon.com/Short-Collecti.../dp/0393314928

I'm still unconvinced - I think it's Prose ..... but what's in a name.
Prose doesn't mean anything to me.

There was/has been a controversy over creative non-fiction. The short part seems relatively new to me. Though I'm sure there have been short nf personal or literary or whatever for ages, it also in some cases over-laps prose poetry. (which I do know what is. )
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote