View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 02:58 AM   #73
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I grant that bias does exist. As long as reviewers are human that will be the case, but if an author has a conflict of interest isn't it more likely that said bias would lead to them writing negative rather than positive reviews?
You've obviously never seen the cozy little "you write me a positive review and I'll write you one" cliques that are common on writing forums. These have nothing to do with the quality of the work involved - it's pure advertising.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote