View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 04:13 PM   #71
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
I see an Apple tablet being quite successful. I don't see it affecting the dedicated reader market at all. The people a reader appeals to are not the ones Apple would make a tablet for.
Agreed. This site shows pretty clearly that dedicated reader fans have little interest in giving up e-ink. For the millionth time, there's plenty of room in the market for both e-ink dedicated readers, tablets, PDAs, smart phones etc.

People need to quit talking about "kindle killers" and the demise of e-ink, as well as e-ink enthusiast needing to quit being so harsh on other devices that don't suit their needs as they do fit other's needs.

I disagree that Apple won't tout the reading ability of their tablet. They won't market it as a reader by any means, but they will tout reading e-books as one of the many things one can do with it.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote