View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 03:33 PM   #68
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
To the bolded that should be "I want". I don't mind a bulkier phone. Have an LG voyager now as I wanted the full, physical keyboard as I text a good amount. Still fits in my pocket, and the size trader off is worth the added functionality for me.
I can text, but don't. I receive them on occasion, but don't send them.

Quote:
And besides, smart phones like the iPhone, Android etc. are still pretty thin, light and easily fit in a pocket. So it's not like smart phones are huge and a hassle to carry around.
Agreed, and I'm vaguely interested in Android because I'm an OS geek. But my cell phone is a tiny low-end Nokia, about 4"x1.5"x3/4". It lives in a holster on my belt. Since all I want the phone to do is place/receive calls, I don't need the added size and functionality.

Quote:
Same, my PDA stays in my briefcase, so I'd have little issues carrying a 10" tablet around that could replace the PDA and finally have a good alternative to carrying around printouts of the academic articles I'm currently reading and marking up.
I feel about the same. I love my PDA with a passion, and if I could get the same functions with a bigger screen, I'd be delighted. Not yet, however.
______
Dennis

Last edited by DMcCunney; 12-31-2009 at 03:47 PM.
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote